Welcome to our new website! We’re working on getting as much information onto our new site as we can, and we’re still early in the process… so check back often to see what new things we’ve added.
Here are some things we’ve added already, and some things we’re planning on:
- We have an Events Calendar that will have all of the different things that are going on at the post.
- You can download the latest post newsletter here.
- We’re putting a lot of the post history on the site, including photos. We are still working on this, so expect construction delays!
- You can also find links to National and other American Legion and veterans resources along the right margin.
Here’s a quick tour of the site…
- At the very top of this page (and every page) you’ll see “American Legion Post 28 – Anchorage, Alaska”. By clicking there it will always take you back to the home page.
- Just below you’ll see a black bar that starts “Home, About Post 28, Events Calendar…” etc. These are permanent pages and you can click on any of those to get to the pages themselves.
- Directly below that is the area reserved for posts (and by posts, we mean, posts to the website). These items are news, announcements and other information that we will put on the site periodically. These will tend to scroll off the page as we add more information, but you should be able to find older posts by using one of the tools on the right side of the page. Look under the Categories header on the right side to select posts by category.
- The right margin has a number of other links and resources that are of interest to our members.
Stay tuned for more updates, and thanks for visiting!
Bring your children for a fun time at the Post, Easter Egg Hunt!! Games!! Lots of Fun. Looking froward to seeing you and yours here
On April 23rd, 2011 @ 1:00PM to 3:00 PM
Jimmie Foster the National Commander and our posts Past Commander is stopping by and we will be having a reception for him on April 19th 7:00PM. Hopefully we can get him in the mood to particapate in Karaoke, we have all missed his singing here.
There will be food but NO Mexican Night
Celebration of life for Dennis at American Legion Post 28 on
April 2nd @ 2:00 pm
Dennis has been a member of our Post for a long time
Hello American Legion Family!
My name is Colleen Raven and I am the Auxiliary’s 2010-2011 Historian. This year the Auxiliary Unit 28 has started its own team for the 2011 Relay for Life twenty-four hour cancer walk, for which I am team captain. We are asking for you to support us in our fundraising efforts to help fight cancer! Our team fundraising goal is starting at $1500.00. Let’s try to beat that goal!!!
• Please go online to anchoragerelay.org and click on DONATE.
• Then select to DONATE TO TEAM.
Our team name is American Legion Auxiliary Unit 28.
Any and all donations will help support us in this amazing event and its cause.
If your are also interested in joining our Team and walking with us during the 24 hour event, it is taking place June 3rd 5pm- June 4th 5pm downtown on the Delany Park Strip
• Please go to anchoragerelay.org and click on SIGN UP.
• Then select JOIN A TEAM and type in American Legion Auxiliary Unit 28.
Fill in your information and set your own personal fundraising goal! All donations that you receive under your own name also add to the team’s total fundraising goal.
If you have any question regarding donating, or joining our team, please give me or Dawn Rae (Auxiliary President) a call and leave us a message. We will get back to you ASAP.
Dawn Rae: 907-529-2646
Thank you for your support!
Auxiliary Unit 28 Historian
The monthly poker tournament is on March 20, starting at 3:00 PM. To play in this tournament, you must first qualify at one of the poker nights on Wednesday and Friday nights, or Sunday afternoon.
Happy Birthday Post 28! The post will be fifty-four years old on March 17, St. Patrick’s Day! We’ll be serving complementary corned beef and cabbage from 4 to 7 PM, then at 7:30, The Rogues and Wenches will be appearing. Ticket price for the Rogues and Wenches show are $20. Tickets sold at the bar.
The Rogues and Wenches will be performing here March 17th at 7:30 PM. Tickets on sale now price $20.00 This is one great show with lots of laughs. We will start the evening with great food… Corned beef and cabbage and Birthday Cake as St. Patrick’s Day is Post 28 Birthday. Then the Rogues and Wenches will preform from 7:30 till ??